Summary of Apollo 13: Review from Amazon- It had been less that a year since man first walked on the moon, but as far as the American public was concerned, Apollo 13 was just another “routine” space flight – until these words pierced the immense void of space: Houston, we have a problem. Stranded 205,000 miles from Earth in a crippled spacecraft, astronauts Jim Lovell (Hanks), Fred Haise (Paxton) and Jack Swigert (Bacon) fight a desperate battle to survive. Meanwhile, at Mission Control, astronaut Ken Mattingly (Sinise), flight director Gene Kranz (Harris), and a heroic ground crew race against time – and odds – to bring them home. It’s a breathtaking adventure that tells a story of courage, faith and ingenuity that is all the more remarkable because it is true!
Focus Questions for Square Peg in a Round Hole:
1. A lot of people who work at NASA aren’t scientists, they are engineers. Based on the what you saw on the video clip, what do engineers do?
2. What problems can engineers solve in our everyday lives?
- 14 Grand Challenges in Engineering
- What’s the Difference Between and Architect and an Engineer?
- Engineering is Elementary
- Teach Engineering
Dear Readers: How could you use this video clip in your classroom?