- An ineffective way to monitor is to constantly look over someone’s shoulder to assess if they are doing it right.
- I think this applies to educators and students.
- Monitoring is not exclusively after the fact. It is built into learning. It is an ongoing part of the process.
- Monitor what works so you can do more of it.
- While monitoring, remain focused on goals and improvement but don’t forget to keep your eyes open for possibilities for innovation.
- You can monitor goals and find new ways to do things at the same time.
- This seems like a no brainer, but it is tough for some people.
Michael Fullan’s Topic Videos is a series of 22 short clips, 2-3 minutes each delve into a variety of educational topics . These videos include real life examples suitable for teachers, principals, and administrators. The videos are designed and filmed to illustrate ‘motion leadership in action’.
What are your take-a-ways from ‘Monitoring Progress’?