Summary of Finding Nemo: Finding Nemo follows the journey of an overly protective clownfish named Marlin and his son Nemo. Nemo becomes separated in the Great Barrier Reef. He is unexpectedly taken far from his ocean home and dumped into a fish tank in a dentist’s office. Buoyed by the companionship of Dory, a friendly-but-forgetful Pacific regal blue tang, Marlin embarks on a dangerous trek and finds himself the unlikely hero of an epic effort to find Nemo.
Focus Questions for Anemone!:
- Describe the ecosystem in the video clip.
- Explain why corals are classified as animals and not plants.
- Note: Corals are organisms classified as invertebrate animals.
- What did the other young animals do to make Nemo feel comfortable?
- What are the major zones of the ocean?
- You can learn more at National Wildlife Federation Kids.
- The Great Barrier Reef is the largest coral reef system in the world. There are many threats to this ecosystem. Explain what humans can do to protect the Great Barrier Reef.
Life in the Ocean: The Story of Oceanographer Sylvia Earle by Claire A. Nivola